Large volume "Ownship" icons for OpenCPN
I made made a variety of "ownship" icons for OpenCPN navigation software - in 4 different sizes, 5 styles and in a range of colours. OpenCPN is sophisticated opensource marine navigation software and is free to download and use. These icons are in ".png" format - previously OpenCPN only allowed ownship icons in .xpm format which was cumbersome to create. Now OpenCPN v3.xx allows user icons to be in .png format and this is a whole lot easier to make. These icons were designed and calibrated in CorelDraw, exported to Corel PhotoPaint where it was edited and then exported as PNG image files with a transparent background. These Ownship icons are compatible with OpenCPN v3.xx and onwards. You can download these icons for free and use them for whatever purpose you want.
To use them in OpenCPN;
- Create a directory called "UserIcons" in the same place that holds your "opencpn.ini" (config) file. (In Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\opencpn)
- Download the Ownship icons and unzip/unrar somewhere on your computer.
- Each icon is in it's own unique folder - sorted in Size --> Type --> Style/Colour.
- Select and copy the "ownship.png" icon you would like to use.
- Paste this icon in the "Usericons" folder as above.
- To see your new ownship, attached your GPS and start OpenCPN.
- The Ownship icon is rendered as grey if there is no valid gps position fix available.